CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.05.2008

Boringness...

Excerpt from Animal Farm by George Orwell.

All the men were gone except one. Back in the yard Boxer was pawing on his hoof at the stable-lad who lay face down in the mud, trying to turn him over. The boy did not stir.

"He is dead," said Boxer sorrowfully. "I had no intention of doing that. I forgot I was wearing iron shoes. Who will believe that I did not do this on purpose?"

"No sentimentality, comrade!" cried Snowball, from whose wounds the blood was still dripping. "War is war. The only good human being is a dead one."

"I have no wish to take life, not even human life," repeated Boxer, and his eyes were full of tears.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sino naman ang papatayin ni boxer?

Eumibunny said...

hehe. about politics ang book noh? :) ginawa lang na fable ni mr. george. heehee. :D

Anonymous said...

very critical novel . =)
btw can you teach me how-> "I can make CROOKED men STRAIGHT and STRAIGHT women CROOKED" ?

the goddess said...

to eumi: lagi! funny mn. hehehe

the goddess said...

to finch: hey.ho! hehehe. secret ko na muna yun ;)